Thursday, November 5, 2009

Advent calendar



This is the first project I made using my Gypsy. The magnet board was painted red. Then I cut the numbers in a 5x5 grid from cherry red vinyl and added the Merry Christmas for the last day. I cut the Here comes Santa Claus from white vinyl and added it to the top of the board.
The candy canes were hot glued upside down to use to hold the ornaments. I hot glued magnets to the back of the ornaments so they can adhere to the magnet board.
Candy canes and ornaments were all purchased at the dollar tree.
I am now ready to count down the days until Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'd really like to do an Advent calendar for our family. I have a few weeks to go still, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I have so many other things on my "want" list, so a cutting machine isn't in my future. But this makes me think maybe I should rethink my list. ;) That little gypsy is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's unbelievably cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete